Thursday, November 19

Feeling Particularly Melancholy

Maybe it is because I just had to read “Two Kinds” by Amy Tan about a mother who wanted a prodigy and reaped a failure. Is it really good to have expectations with children? Do they end up feeling bound to those expectations and suffer the reality of never measuring up? Ugh… Okay, I’m a perfectionist and I want to give my kids the balance I lacked and I want to do it on my own.  And I want them to succeed. And I want them to be stable productive people. See… I’m doing it. I’m expecting. It’s so stinking natural to expect! Expect! Expect so much more for kids than what we had.


Just so you know…

These... well they grow up really fast.


I should have lingered a little longer... My babies. As of right now, my coolness factor varies daily. Then, at that moment - I was the bomb.


Whatever you turn into, wherever life takes you, I will always love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment